Randomness....

Part I:
I just made a quick list of the artists that I need to hear more music from.

Goapele: The world has not been blessed with an album of hers since '05. I don't know about you all, but I'm starting to have withdrawals. "Don't Be Shy" is a great song, I nearly had a heart attack when I first heard it, but I'm in need of a new album! Hopefully one is coming soon, maybe next year?

India.Arie: It's been two years since her last album. Call me greedy, but I need more songs. I know that she's doing her thing on Broadway though, so that's good. Maybe she'll record another song afterward. All I need is one song, just ONE new song and I'll be satisfied.

Chrisette Michele: I Am is beautiful...just beautiful. Like I said for India.Arie, all I need is ONE song and I'll be satisfied. Even if she only sang one word in a collabo, I'd be satisfied.

D'Angelo: *sighs* I miss his voice. He's supposedly making a return next year and I can't wait.

Erykah Badu: I know it's only been a few months since her last album, but I can't wait for NA Part II. Go ahead and call me greedy again.

Heather Headley: She's supposed to be making a gospel album, so I'm looking out for that.

Amel Larrieux: I wonder if there's a new album in the making...

Corinne Bailey Rae: I know she's going through a lot right now considering her husband passed away. I'm not expecting anything to come out this year, but I just hope she's going to record a new album. No rush.

Part II:



Some of you might wonder why Janelle Monáe is one of the artists that are discussed on here. Answer: she is too talented not to be. I mean come on, most of you have heard her material and you've seen the video for "Many Moons." The girl doesn't just make music, she makes art. She sees things in a completely different perspective than others. You don't get the same ol', same ol' from her and she always seems to blow her fans away. It's so refreshing to see her getting the attention that she deserves and FINALLY putting out a video because I'm sick and tired of seeing the same, ordinary videos on BET and hearing the same, ordinary songs on the radio.

So no, she's not a "soul" artist, but she is brilliant nonetheless and her talent must be showcased.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything you have written;)

I am also waiting for Goapele!!! Heather, Chrisette, Amel, D'Angelo, Erykah would be nice as well and I can add Maxwell also;) Jill Scott with something new I'd also appreciate;)

Janelle - keep promoting her stuff, she is one and only and deserves all of the attention she is getting now!

Kinga said...

D'Angelo is supposed to come back every year... I am losing my faith.

Same with Lauryn Hill.

As for Corinne... What's the best way to deal with pain than express it through music?