Goodbye, '08. Hello, '09.

I must say that this year was an amazing year in music. There were many terrific albums released from very talented artists. With that being said, here are my top 10 albums of the year:

1. New Amerykah Part 1: 4th World War by Erykah Badu.


2. 19 by Adele.


3. Leave It All Behind by The Foreign Exchange.


4. The Way I See It by Raphael Saadiq.


5. Plethora by Kissey Asplund.


6. Esperanza by Esperanza Spalding.
7. Sketches of a Man by Dwele.

8. Purpose by Algebra.

9. In Jodi's Bedroom by Tawiah. (so what if it's an EP?)

10. Subway Silence by Giovanca


2009 is already looking quite promising with releases from Chrisette Michele, Janelle Monae, D'Angelo, Suai, India.Arie, Maxwell, and maybe another from Erykah Badu. Happy New Year to all!

1 comments:

Wik said...

Great List! Mine is quite similar (Tawiah, Esperanza, Kissey). I still haven't heard Dwele, shame on me:]