Solange Says F*@k The Industry...


In her new song which is going to be on her new mixtape, "I Can't Clearance." I'm feelin' this. SoL-Angel and the Hadley Street Dreams in stores August 26th. Can't wait for that.
DOWNLOAD: http://www.zshare.net/audio/16366465e5aa25ac/

Here we go again. People going to be talking shit when this shit hits the fan. lol.

In this journey I have been so blessed to come across many faces and spaces that have shown so much love. I hear so many folk who love that the record is a departure from most of the traditional things out right now. I get people who love my steez and encourage me to be me and I THANK YOU!!

Unfortunately I’m in an industry where diversity is not celebrated the way it should be. When some people see and hear something different it feels foreign to them and they don’t like that. Everyone has a choice of what they like and that’s a beautiful thing!!!
BUT Record labels, managers, publicist, journalist, media ect… have a tendency to see something work and try to reciprocate that with another artist thinking that’s what makes success. To me what makes success is letting people be truly who they are.

When I heard Kanye's "Everything I Am" I instantly fell in love. I felt my story somewhere in his. I felt his frustration yet acceptance of who he was. So I decided to put my own little twist on it:)

Warning: This song in NO WAY shape or fashion has a negative light to any of the artist I mention...I love and respect them ALL. I am just simply expressing myself and my story. When I say F.U. I am talking to no one in particular, only those that feel guilty of categorizing :)

I feel that many people can relate to this song outside of the industry and that’s why I want to share.
This is the first song off the mixtape series coming out soon named

“I Can’t Get Clearance...”

I hope u have a beautiful sunny day and starry night.

0 comments: